Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pickin it up

Dansko clogs- oh no!! what a mess we are....My shin is feeling ok, I just have this weird gait issue/ body stiffness that makes me feel like I can go no faster than a 9 minute mile. I ran with my friend Tess from work today and we did 6 1/2 miles with two 1 mile pick ups in the middle. That reminded me that I can (painfully) run faster than 9 min. I think this weekend will make me feel better.

I'm sure your foot is FINE- you couldnt have injured it during that race alone?! however, do some RICE-ing and get that advil!! I know that Wednesday farmers markets are more important, but try to get some before this weekend : ) Speaking of which, I love how we think the same way about weekend travel/ bring out of our routine. Poor you with no tea kettle!!! And wine= totally legit obstacle : ) We will definitely make up for it during our peak training back to back Milliga (Mills and Ziga) runs in October. No worries there. I think I might try to do 12-14 this weekend but I am at the shore again (Dan is doing a 50 mile bike to the shore) so it always sucks to do mileage there.. get out the book on ipod.

Be strong!!! and heal fast. I think X-training is best for now.

Yours in Running,  : P

Mer Figlet

PS-- They just wanted to fit in with the massive amounts of canadian geese on the path. Speaking of which, I totally saw one of the geese drinking out of this bowl of water that a nice old man puts out for the dogs on hot days. And then the stupid thing pooped right next to the bowl- BLEH.That's why I support my grandmother poking holes in the eggs so those birds cant reproduce at her pond! : P

No comments:

Post a Comment