Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jokes on me.

Hi Buddy,

Well, we can pop advil and ice together after our "slower than normal" runs this week. I mostly cross trained with little 2 mile jogs (to the gym and back) Monday and Tuesday, feeling mostly physically fine, except for one thing: the outside of my left foot. I even wore dansko clogs to work this week instead of something more...ahem...stylish. anyway not good. Josh assures me I am fine. I am worried. It kind of aches. This is not the time I want to have to take off. I ran this morning, and whats weird is it doesn't hurt as bad while running - or that is in my head - and yeah I was going slower than normal. I hate when other chicks pass me. Dudes, okay, chicks? no.

Anyway here's to hoping that it is really not serious. I still have to try advil, I don't have any right now and haven't been to the drug store (lazy, busy, etc). And tonight I have to pack for this wedding. We are leaving tomorrow after work to ride the bus to Josh's house in NJ, then driving up to Cooperstown Friday morning. All fine, except it means I have to run out of my element with many obstacles (wedding, wine, family, other people's driving schedules, hotel rooms, no tea pot) for the whole weekend. So honestly I do not know how much I can get in for a long run. Ideally I would do at least 16-18 on Saturday morning, before the wedding, and then take a deserved Sunday off- but will I be too tired to last through a wedding ceremony or too hungry to not-eat-so-much-so-I-fit-into-my-dress? ugh. and the foot.

As for food news, I too bought some sweet potatoes from our office farm market table, they set one up on Wednesdays too! Not purple though. I have been craving all things in the root veg category for some reason.

Anyway, this weekend was lots of fun, and I am glad we have completed the first big phase. This next part is definitely the toughest and I am glad I have you to help me get through it, as always.

luv, your buddy, ziga

p.s. there were a lot of males making "duck" noises during the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment