Tuesday, October 5, 2010

On track for a 3:13 ?!

So I was looking at my Runner's World Smart Coach app last night, I realized that I am training to run a 3:13 marathon!!! No WONDER I've been so tired/ feeling like I can't keep up with the Smart Coach's demands!!! It's not designed well, because when you put in all the variables that create your workouts, you only put in the time from a recent race (I put in 1:33 half... since that was recent when I made my training plan) and how many miles you want to run a week, and it spits out your plan. It NEVER asks you for goal time, which I think is pretty stupid considering most EVERYONE has a goal time for a big race that they would bother to make a long term training plan for!!!
 GRRR. But, we must remember that the Smart Coach was a mere 99 cents and so its perfection is far from guaranteed. Anyway, bottom line is I am training much harder than I need to to hit a sub 3:40, which makes me feel good, because, let's be honest, I havent been doing my 12+ mile runs at sub 8:15 pace.. and I should have realized awhile ago that that was nuts.
  I did, however, do my 20 miles at (first 15 miles) 8:45-9:10 pace and (last 5 miles) 8:20/ race pace!!!! I felt really good-- how did you feel? It was such an unbelieveably gorgeous day. I ran out to Manyunk and ran along a little trail and it was so nice to feel like i was trail running. We should decide where we want to run our 20 when you come to Philly!
  So bad news for our back to back Philly/ BKLN extravaganza:
1) my photo shoot might get cancelled
2) if my shoot is still on, I wont get to NYC until Tuesday and I have to work in Philly on Monday SO I dont think I will be able to run cross-islands with you. I am very sad about this... but stupid work calls.

What we can get excited about is.... a whole 20 miles together!!! whoppee! I cant wait. We should plan somewhere yummy to go afterwards.
Speaking of Yummy, I made Mark Bittman's breakfast bread pudding as a preparation of seeing him.. DELISH and even works as a dessert as a bonus! His talk was.. pretty depressing. We are killing our planet and will end up in a nuclear wasteland of a planet and its all because of marketers/lobbyists/politicians/CAPITALISM. I'm just glad that I can't be held AS accountable being that I do not eat cheap crappy Beef, soda, junk food, etc 234098903845 times a day like the average american.

Most interesting stat: American today complain that they have no time to cook. Americans today watch average 14 hrs of TV a week. Where did all their time go??!!! I will always make time to cook. And eat. Obviousllyyyy.

Anyway, training is going pretty well I think- how is yours? how is the foot? Danskos still in play?

I miss you friend and I am excited to see you in only a few weeks!

XOXOXOX
M&M

No comments:

Post a Comment