Saturday, November 20, 2010

In 24 hours, we will be Marathoners!!!

I cannot contain my excitement! What a crazy ride its been over the past few months, but I feel ready for this. The weather today is so perfect and I think tomorrow is going to be the same. I ran with Runner's World at the rocky steps (saw a little blurb about the marathon in the December issue and it had a note that they were doing a shake out run in Philly this AM). I of course ran with this cool old guy half the time who was asking me about my favorite parts of the magazine and I had no clue who he was- just figured he was one of the runners world contributors. Everyone started taking their pictures with him at the end, and I whispered to someone to ask who he was.

Freaking Bart Yasso!!!

He told us all to be very conservative in the first half because if you can be strong in the last 10K then you will really break it down.. because you will be passing so many people that it will give you incredible strength. That is my goal- to not hit the wall! : ) I'm planning on running with the 3:40 pace group for the first half and then breaking it down for the second if I feel good.

Did you sign up your parents/ Josh for the text messages of you hitting each 5 mile mark? Its kind of confusing. ..but should be cool if it works.

I'm planning on wearing capri tights, tee, gloves (long sleever at beginning to throw in the donation box).

I'm just ready for that starting line... trying to relax and hydrate today but its hard to sit still!!!! I have been trying to eat really well all week and I feel strong and not at all heavy from the taper. little pains in the shoulder (which is what wraps around to my heart- phys therapist assured me its not heart related, just muscular) and in my shin, but overall the shin splints are feeling much better. I have been doing advil 2 x day so that has helped.

Well, I'm off to hydrate more... cant wait to see you this afternoon for the Expo!

Last note before go time??
XO
Mer

No comments:

Post a Comment