Tuesday, November 2, 2010

aches and pain and darkness....

Only a few weeks remain!!! my smartcoach is giving me the countdown and it is both a relief and an anxiety. My shin muscle may fall off the bone before we get to race day. Luckily, I am going to my orthotics dr this week. Your knee may do the same....but who needs two knees to run?
What is wrong with your tummy??

too too too many pumpkin feta muffins.

So here is a real definition of a nightmare in the Karen Ziga/ Mer Mills world:
I spent this past weekend in an RV. Not just an RV, an RV with 5 other people, at a Penn State game, from 5 PM Friday until 5 PM Sunday. AND I SURVIVED!!!!! High five, right?
Here was the menu (boys went grocery shopping): bacon, eggs, wonder bread, white rolls, 3 different kinds of chips, and entire bowl of halloween candy, burgers, cheese....and 4 cases of beer.

I managed to get 10 miles in Fri AM and another 8 in on Saturday, but it really was less than I was supposed to do. Dan and I slept on the dining room table "bed" which was only 5 1/2 ft long.

But, you know what, I made the best of it. I had fun, didnt drink a lot, and tried to get a bit of sleep.
And Dan took me to Sheetz to get a sandwich that wasnt made with wonder bread :)

Overall, I was proud of myself for facing the challenge head on.
Now there's just that pesky marathon.... : )

Love you!
Mer

No comments:

Post a Comment