Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Holy Taper, Batman.

I am in a bit of a state of disbelief. Or fear. It is just so weird that the marathon is this Sunday. This Sunday!!! Holy hell!! That's 4 days away, generously counting Sunday as a day.

I was feeling a bit slow and sluggish on my Saturday run, so Monday morning I did like a faster pace for a couple miles, about 7 min pace, felt good, but am worried about sustaining goal pace. Which, I was on crack or was temporarily not able to do math when I signed up for this... I said my predicted time was 3:15:00! That is running 7:30s which is crazy. I'm in the 2nd coral with that. Honestly I would be thrilled to pull that time off, but I really just want to break 3:30:00.

I am prob running 4 tomorrow, 3 Friday, and like 2 on Saturday?? Some people say take sat off, but I think I'll feel better loosening up.

I had a nightmare the other night that I woke up and I missed the starting time. I think I was in my parents house looking at the kitchen clock making tea and was just super upset. I hope that is the only one, although a lot o people say they have hitting the wall nightmares.

I think I'm wearing the shorts and top I wore for the half. With gloves prob. We can wear clothes we want to donate into the coral for warm up, and put them in the donate bins right before the race. I think I may do that-

I am pumped but nervous and ready to finally conquer this race - I keep thinking o the two mantras that helped me the most during college:

1. From you, "where do you you want to be?"
2. From coach, at sr. yr conference 10k, "you could run this pace all night"

And one from Carl for humor, "be fierce! Grrrrrr!"

Ha.

I may not be in the 10k-shape, size 0, sports bra and butt-huggers-confident that I was back then, but I did work for this race and I am so happy we really do get to share our first marathons! It is certainly a long time coming!

Keep popping those advil, I know I'll down a couple pre-race. Are you still having chest pain?
I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment